Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is an Architectural, Interiors, Planning, Urban Design, and development Consulting firm with a 35-year history of delivering exceptional projects that prioritize sustainability, smart densification, and design. What differentiates our company from other firms is our commitment to innovation, bold ideas, and endless pursuit to add measurable value.
We are searching for a BIM Technologist for a 6-month contract to support our BIM management team at Sweeny&Co. Expertise in BIM Management, model management, family creation, model health, and PxP creation is an asset.
You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, friendly atmosphere that focuses on the creation of economically smart design solutions that promote sustainability, city building, and design excellence.
• Work collaboratively under supervision of the BIM Manager and BIM Committee
• Support BIM standards, model management, and family creation
• Autodesk REVIT Support including:
o Maintaining REVIT standards and templates
o Updating REVIT template as required
o Family creation
o Detail library creation and maintenance
o Maintaining material library
o Creating and supporting development of Project Execution Plans (PxP)
o Model management and health checks
• Supporting team members in visualization of projects using Enscape in Sketchup or REVIT
• Supporting team members in physical model creation using a 3D printer
• May assist teams in modelling and drafting in REVIT as required
• Perform IT support functions under supervision of Senior Associate and third-party IT Staff windows PC setup
o Staff PC hardware and software troubleshooting
o New program rollouts and updates
o Liase with third-party IT support
o Office 365 and Autodesk support
• Other duties as assigned
• College diploma in architecture, engineering, or BIM
• Advanced expertise in Autodesk Revit is mandatory
• Postgraduate certificate in BIM Management is desired
• Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Experience with Dynamo, Sketchup, and Enscape is required
• Demonstrated skills in automating tasks in REVIT is required
• Experience with Rhino and Adobe InDesign/Photoshop is an asset
• Experience with 3D printing is an asset
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, architectural and engineering drawings, construction detailing is an asset
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and is a self-starter
• Is respectful, open, and honest
• Fluent in spoken and written English
At Sweeny&Co, we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve and celebrate collaboration in all interpersonal engagements.
The position is 6-month full-time contract in the office to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-month probationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include “BIM Technologist” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.