Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is an Architectural, Interiors, Planning, Urban Design, and Development Consulting firm with a 35-year history of delivering exceptional projects that prioritize sustainability, smart densification, and design. What differentiates our company from other firms is our commitment to innovation, bold ideas, and endless pursuit to add measurable value.
We are searching for a well-rounded Masters of Architecture Co-op Student for a 4 to 8 month placement. Experience with REVIT, Sketchup, Enscape, the Adobe Suite is required. Ideally,
You have experience in conceptual design and graphic design. You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, friendly atmosphere that focuses on the creation of smart design solutions that promote sustainability, city building, and design excellence.
• Work collaboratively on a team under supervision of senior staff
• Develop architecture and urban design drawings in REVIT and Sketchup
• Prepare initial design concepts, 3D Massing, sun/shadow studies, area statistics, space
planning, or initial site planning
• Preparation of presentation material for meetings and reports
• Preparation of marketing material as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Masters of Architecture student currently enrolled in a Canadian University
• Experience with Autodesk REVIT, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Office 365, Google Sketchup, and Enscape is required
• Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Dynamo is an asset
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and municipal approvals is an asset
• Experience 3D printing is an asset
• Commitment to design excellence and a passion for sustainability
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and is a self-starter
• Is respectful, open, and honest
• Fluent in spoken and written English
At Sweeny&Co, we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve and celebrate collaboration in all interpersonal engagements.
The position is full-time in the office to starting either September, January, or May. Candidates are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Co-Op Placement” and length of placement you are seeking in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submission of resumes/candidates by recruiters will not be accepted for this role.