Junior Interior Designer & Senior Interior Designer
Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is an Architectural, Interiors, Planning, Urban Design, and Development Consulting firm with a 35-year history of delivering exceptional projects that prioritize sustainability, smart densification, and design. What differentiates our company from other firms is our commitment to innovation, bold ideas, and endless pursuit to add measurable value. You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, friendly atmosphere that focuses on the creation of smart design solutions that promote sustainability, city building, and design excellence.
We are searching for a well-rounded Junior Interior Designer and a Senior Interior Designer to join our Interior Design team, led by an ARIDO Senior Interior Designer, and grow that part of our expanding business into commercial and residential interiors. A broad base of experience in commercial, hotels, and residential interior design is an asset. Ideally, you have experience in design, test-fits, interior visualization, furniture and finishes selection, millwork design and detailing and construction documentation.
• Work collaboratively on a team under supervision of senior staff
• Develop interior design drawings in REVIT and interior visualizations in Sketchup
• Select finishes, furniture, fixtures, lighting, and accessories
• Develop millwork design and detailing
• Coordinate with other consultants
• Review building code compliance, by-laws, and other documents/reports
• Prepare initial design concepts, space planning, test-fits, and interior visualizations
• Preparation of presentation material for meetings and reports
• May include assisting the Contract Administration team to prepare sketches to answer RFI’s, SI’s etc.
• Day to day task includes preparing drawings in REVIT
• May prepare drawings in AutoCAD for test-fits or smaller projects
• Other duties as assigned
• ARIDO member or intern
• University degree or college diploma in interior design with 1+ years of experience for junior role and 8+ years of experience for the senior role
• Advanced expertise in Autodesk Revit is mandatory
• Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, Sketchup, AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop and Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, municipal approvals, interior detailing, millwork, finishes, furniture, and interior specifications are required
• Commitment to design excellence and a passion for sustainability
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and is a self-starter
• Is respectful, open, and honest
• Fluent in spoken and written English
The position is full-time in the office to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-month probationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Interior Designer” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.