Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is a company of independent and collaborative thinkers who work in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, urban design and planning, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, and visualization. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to add measurable value.
We are searching for a well-rounded Intermediate to Senior Architect with expertise preparing construction documentation for high-rise residential using Autodesk REVIT. Ideally, you have experience in all phases including design, municipal approvals, and contract administration. You would also bring expertise in construction detailing, building science, sustainable design and the creation of an efficient set of drawings.
You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, family-oriented atmosphere that focuses on the creation of economically smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban design, and design excellence.
- Work as part of a team developing architecture and urban design in REVIT
- Prepare and coordinate high-rise residential or commercial drawings in REVIT for zoning, SPA, design development, and construction documentation
- Assist in establishing and managing scope, coordinating consultants, budget resources, develop schedule, and delegate assignments
- Participate and drive efficiency in the Design Assist process
- Assist the Contract Administration team once the project is under construction to review shop drawings, answer RFI’s, prepare sketches in REVIT
- May work on mixed-use, hospitality or institutional projects
- Day to day task includes preparing drawings in REVIT
- Other duties as assigned
- OAA Licensed Architect is preferred
- University degree in architecture with 7+ years of experience
- Expertise in Autodesk Revit is mandatory
- Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop and Microsoft Office 365applications
- Experience with Sketchup or Enscape is an asset
- Ability to plan and fully coordinate a set of construction documents with the entire consultant team, identifying what needs to be drawn is mandatory
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, municipal approvals, construction detailing, specifications and documentation required for high-rise residential or commercial
- Experience with contract administration, particularly CCDC 5B construction management
- Demonstrated skills in automating tasks, documentation or coordination is an asset
- Committed to design excellence and a passion for sustainability
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and is a self-starter
- Is respectful, direct, and transparent
- Fluent in spoken and written English
At Sweeny&Co, we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve and celebrate collaboration in all interpersonal engagements.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We are currently working remotely with some staff working part-time in the office however this position will transition to full-time in the office. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-monthprobationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Intermediate or Senior Architect” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.