Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is an Architectural, Interiors, Planning, Urban Design, and Development Consulting firm with a 35-year history of delivering exceptional projects that prioritize sustainability, smart densification, and design. What differentiates our company from other firms is our commitment to innovation, bold ideas, and endless pursuit to add measurable value.
We are searching for a well-rounded Junior to Intermediate Intern Architect or Architectural Technologist to assist in the production of Design Development and Contract Documentation. Experience in construction detailing, building science, sustainable design and the creation of an efficient set of drawings is an asset. Ideally, you have experience in all phases including design, documentation, municipal approvals, and contract administration.
You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, friendly atmosphere that focuses on thecreation of smart design solutions that promote sustainability, city building, and design excellence.
• Work collaboratively on a team under supervision of senior staff
• Develop architecture and urban design drawings in REVIT for Zoning, SPA, Design Development and Contract Documentation
• Coordinate with other consultants
• Review building code compliance, by-laws, and other documents/reports
• Prepare initial design concepts, 3D Massing, sun/shadow studies, area statistics, space planning, or initial site planning.
• Preparation of presentation material for meetings and reports
• May include assisting the Contract Administration team to prepare sketches to answer RFI’s, SI’s etc.
• Day to day task includes preparing drawings in REVIT
• Other duties as assigned
• OAA Intern Architect or Architectural Technologist is preferred
• University degree or college diploma in architecture with 1+ years of experience
• Advanced expertise in Autodesk Revit is mandatory
• Proficiency with Bluebeam Revu, AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop and Microsoft Office 365 applications
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, municipal approvals, construction detailing, specifications, and documentation is preferred
• Experience with Sketchup and Enscape is required
• Experience with contract administration, particularly construction management is an asset
• Demonstrated skills in automating tasks, documentation or coordination is an asset
• Commitment to design excellence and a passion for sustainability
• Thrive in a collaborative environment and is a self-starter
• Is respectful and direct
• Fluent in spoken and written English
At Sweeny&Co, we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve and celebrate collaboration in all interpersonal engagements.
The position is full-time in the office to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-month probationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a resume and portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Intern Architect/Architectural Technologist” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.