Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. (Sweeny&Co) is a company of independent and collaborative thinkers who work in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, urban design and planning, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, and visualization. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to add measurable value.
We are searching for a well-rounded Marketing Manager with a strong communication background to ensure excellent first impressions in all our marketing efforts. Ideally, you have experience in marketing, communications, architecture, professional writing, and graphic design.
You will be joining our team of close to 60 staff at 134 Peter Street, Toronto, Ontario, a building designed by the firm. We work as a team in a collaborative, family-oriented atmosphere that focuses on the creation of economically smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban design, and design excellence.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, writing, communications, or graphic design
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in marketing and communication
- Strong written communication skills
- Direct experience in the architecture, professional writing, and graphic design is an asset
- Expert with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and Microsoft PowerPoint is mandatory
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Experience with other graphics, CRM, CMS, 3D modelling and rendering software is an asset
- A self-starter, fast, and track record of working on tight deadlines
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and comfortable listening to ideas and translating into marketing material both written and graphic
- Attention to detail, ensuring high quality of output, and strong organizational skills
- Is respectful, direct, and transparent
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Work as part of a team with Architects, Interior Designers, and Urban Planners
- Continue to build and contribute to marketing and communication strategy
- Work with leaders within the company to augment the business development strategy
- Support the team by developing written content for marketing
- Promote the firm and its leadership through various marketing channels
- Write, manage, and post content for media, website, and social media channels
- Write, assemble and produce all collateral including brochures, presentations, proposals, cut sheets, resumes, signage, etc.
- Develop PR strategy and support generating positive media coverage with the team
- Develop award submissions strategy and support the submission with the team
- Assist with graphic design for firm’s marketing material
- Manage, track and update firm’s collateral with marketing team
- Monitor, track, manage, coordinate, and create content for proposals with marketing team
- Assist in maintaining brand standards, provide updates as necessary, and maintain templates
- Manage marketing team (one direct report)
- Work overtime when deadlines arise
- Other duties as assigned
At Sweeny&Co, we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve and celebrate collaboration in all interpersonal engagements.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We are currently working remotely with some staff working part-time in the office however this position will transition to full-time in the office. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-monthprobationary period. Candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in PDF format and salary expectations to email@example.com. A portfolio with samples of writing, presentations, proposals or other marketing work is highly encouraged. Please include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.