Sweeny&Co Architects Inc. is a company of independent and collaborative thinkers working in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to re-form itself to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, visualization and project management. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to make something better.
We are not a departmentalized office, and as such we are searching for a well-rounded Senior Project Architect who can contribute at all phases of work from schematic design through working drawings and contract administration. However, this role will primarily focus on leading a team and contributing to working drawings using REVIT and the performance of contract administration duties. You would be working from home and working with a staff complement of 50 people. Every effort is made to connect people to each other and to their teams. When we return to work, you will join us in an office located in a building of our own design, 134 Peter Street in Toronto’s Queen-Spadina district. We work as a team in a collaborative atmosphere that focuses on the creation of smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban culture, economic sense and design excellence. This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work with a dynamic and engaged team and provide mentorship to younger architects and designers.
We require a minimum of fifteen years of local experience in Contract Documentation and Contract Administration, preferably on large-scale commercial office and or high-rise residential projects.
· B.Arch or M.Arch with 15+ years of local experience in Contract Administration
· Proficiency with Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office programs mandatory
· Experience in design and producing design working drawings for large-scale commercial, multi-unit residential or office projects
· In depth knowledge of the design process and documentation required during all project stages for a variety ofbuilding types including office and multi-residential.
· Relevant experience in sub consultant coordination
· Team player, coach and mentor with ability to lead a small team through production of drawings
· Positive attitude and solution-oriented
· Committed to design excellence
· Thrive in an environment of collaboration
· A passion for sustainable design
· Fluency in written and spoken English
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· All candidates are expected to have well-rounded skills and will be exposed to all stages of architectural work, however primary duties will include leading Contract Document Production and Contract Documentation of large-scale commercial, high-rise residential or office buildings.
· Ability to prioritize, manage and work on multiple projects and deadlines.
· Utilization of Revit for production of design documents and contract documentation; ability to perform quality assurance and quality control of the documentation process; redlining and ensuring that revisions are implemented.
· Takes ownership of the project and deliverables at all times.
· Risk Management on behalf of the firm and the client; identifying potential risks via appropriate communication channels and experience and wisdom to soundly judge situations and gather input and insight when appropriate.
· Working on a team providing coordination, direction, mentorship or working independently.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-month probationary period.
Candidates are encouraged to send a resume, a portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations (total attachments should be less than 8MB) to email@example.com.
Please include “Senior Project Architect Position” in the subject line.
Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.