Sweeny&Co Architects Inc. is a company of independent and collaborative thinkers working in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to re-form itself to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, visualization and project management. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to make something better.
We are not a departmentalized office, and as such we are searching for a well-rounded Senior Project Manager/Architect, with experience in design and delivery of Residential towers in Canada and can contribute to all phases of work from schematic design through working drawings and contract administration. However, this role will primarily focus on leading a team, including client engagement, sub consultant coordination, technical leadership of the design team during contract documents using REVIT and schedule /staff management. You would be working from home and working closely with a Principal in Charge and collaborating with a staff complement of 50people. Every effort is made to connect people to each other and to their teams. When we return to work, you will join us in an office located in abuilding of our own design, 134 Peter Street in Toronto’s Queen-Spadina district. We work as a team in a family oriented atmosphere that focuses on the creation of smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban culture, economic sense and design excellence. This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work with a dynamic and engaged team and provide mentorship to younger architects and designers.
We require a minimum of fifteen years of local experience in Project Management and Contract Documentation, having delivered large-scale high-rise residential projects.
· B.Archor M.Arch with 15+ years of local experience in Project Management and Contract Documentation
· Experience in Client management and commercial responsibility for the firm; managing Scope/Contracts, ensuring add-services are coordinated with clients, adhering to schedules and managing resources effectively
· Proficiency with Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office programs mandatory
· Experience in design and producing design working drawings for large-scale commercial, multi-unit residential
· In depth knowledge of the design process and documentation required during all project stages for a variety of building types multi-residential.
· Relevant experience in sub consultant coordination
· Team player, coach and mentor with ability to lead a small team through design development and production of drawings
· Positive attitude and solution-oriented
· Committed to design excellence
· Thrive in an environment of collaboration
· A passion for sustainable design
· Fluency in written and spoken English
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· All candidates are expected to have well-rounded skills and will be exposed to all stages of architectural work, however primary duties will include leading the Client, team coordination, contract document production and possibly contract documentation of large-scale commercial, high-rise residential buildings
· Ability to prioritize, manage and work on multiple projects and deadlines if required
· Utilization of Revit for production of design documents and contract documentation; ability to perform quality assurance and quality control of the documentation process; redlining and ensuring that revisions are implemented
· Takes ownership of the project and deliverables at all times
· Ensure any client requested changes to design must be communicated in a proactive manner, coordinating with the client for approval, the design and consultant team to ensure all parties respond appropriately and the firm’s commercial interests are protected though submitting an ‘Additional Services’ proposal when the request is outside of scope/requires changes to drawings
· Risk Management on behalf of the firm and the client; identifying potential risks via appropriate communication channels and experience and wisdom to soundly judge situations and gather input and insight when appropriate
· Working on a team providing coordination, direction, mentorship or working independently
The position is full-time, to start immediately.
We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-monthprobationary period.
Candidates are encouraged to send a resume, a portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations (total attachments should be less than 8MB) to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Project Manager/Project Architect Position” in the subject line.
Only candidates who meet qualifications and are selected for an interview will be contacted.